Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Avis Arbor

Avis Arbor
The shelter provides an environment that allows our residents to grow and to heal, thus leading them back to independent living. By focusing on the root problems that cause homelessness (lack of affordable housing, underdeveloped employment potential, lack of income, chronic substance abuse, mental health and medical problems and under-developed spirituality) City Mission provides a secure base for women who formerly lived on the streets or had less than ideal living situations.

Genevieve S, is one of the many smiling faces you'll find serving in Feed My Sheep Dining Room. She said her time at the Mission is "a new lease on life and a blessing."  When Genevieve got here she started classes that included Bible study. "It really brought my faith back," she said. "I had almost given up on God, but now I have a new outlook on life and my faith in God is stronger!"

No comments:

Post a Comment